Barbecued Pork Sandwich with Cabbage Slaw
From Everyday Food
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes
Pork and Cabbage Slaw
Quick BBQ Sauce (Below)
2 pork tenderloins (12 to 16 ounces each)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
5 cups finely shredded green cabbage (half a 2-pound cabbage)
4 potato rolls or other soft sandwich rolls
3/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons paprika
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Make BBQ sauce by whisking together all the ingredients above.
2. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Divide Quick BBQ Sauce between two bowls. Use one for basting the raw meat; reserve the other for serving with sandwiches.
3. Place pork on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Brush generously with sauce. Roast, basting occasionally with sauce, until an instant-read thermometer registers 150 degrees, 18 to 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make slaw: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Mix in cabbage.
5. Thinly slice pork; serve on rolls, accompanied by slaw and reserved sauce.