- Shakespeare Uncovered: A Midsummer Night's Dream with Hugh Bonneville
Friday, January 30 at 9:00 p.m.
Hugh Bonneville, Christopher Plummer, Morgan Freeman, David Harewood, Kim Cattrall and Joseph Fiennes tell the stories behind the stories of Shakespeare’s greatest plays in a new season of "Shakespeare Uncovered."Read more
- Shakespeare Uncovered: King Lear with Christopher Plummer
Friday, January 30 at 10:00 p.m.
Christopher Plummer has portrayed -- to great acclaim -- King Lear, universally acknowledged as one of Shakespeare’s greatest tragic roles.Read more
- Toledo Stories: Cornerstones: The African Americans
Thursday, February 5 at 8:00 p.m.
Like the Irish, Germans, Polish and so many others, the African Americans came to Toledo in search of a better life.Read more
- Shakespeare Uncovered: The Taming of the Shrew with Morgan Freeman
Friday, February 6 at 9:00 p.m.
Morgan Freeman first discovered Shakespeare in school in Mississippi. He went on to play the hero of this play – Petruchio – in The Public Theater’s Shakespeare in the Park production in New York, set in the Wild West.Read more
- Shakespeare Uncovered: Othello with David Harewood
Friday, February 6 at 10:00 p.m.
Astonishingly, David Harewood was the first black actor to play the great Moorish Venetian general Othello at London’s National Theatre, triumphantly taking on the role—but not until 1997.Read more