Solar Energy Resources
- Views: 183 Vice President Joe Biden | ''Promoting American Manufacturing in the 21st Century'' | June 23, 2009 | Willard and Kelsey Solar Group
Run Time: 35:19
Ohio Governor Ted Strickland joined Vice President Joe Biden for a meeting of the White House Task Force on Middle Class Families. The topic of the meeting was "Promoting American Manufacturing in the 21st Century."Read more
- Views: 253 Links & Resources | Solar Cell Installation
Solar panel installation is a growing enterprise and creating a new segment of workers – those in “green collar” jobs. Owens Community College has a program that trains students for “green” careers - a Photovoltaic Training Program, which exposes, trains and educates students in the rapidly expanding industry and career field of photovoltaic installers and integrators.Read more
- Views: 221 Energy Explorations: Thin Film Solar Cells
Discover how thin film solar cell arrays are constructed. ECD Ovonics representatives explain this technology and how it is involved in alternative energy research.
- Views: 437 Dr. Al Compaan | Solar Solutions | October 12, 2008
Run Time: 40:03
Al Compaan discusses "Turning the Corner on Climate Change: The Solar Electric Solutions from Toledo" at the Earth Expo Earth Charter Community Summit Saturday, October 11, 2008 . 9 a.m. - 3p.m. held in the Franciscan Theatre & Conference Center Sylvania, Ohio. Dr. Alvin Compaan is Professor and Director at the Center for Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE) in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Toledo.
- Views: 264 It Can’t Hold a Candle to…Comparing the effectiveness of alternative forms of energy
How much energy generation from coal, wind, or solar power does it take to power an appliance, a whole house, a town? People hear about alternative energy all the time, but not the power-full details. Can we gain the energy we need in a cost effective way, and save our environment at the same time? Plugged-In meets people who are bringing new energy to the average home.
- Views: 453 Green-Collar Economy: Jobs that move technology out of the lab and onto the rooftop
We explore solar panel installation as a new ‘green-collar’ career. Also, how technology is taken from idea stage to marketable product - featuring Al Compaan on PhotoVoltaics; Xunming Deng and Matt Longthorne at Xunlight Corp. We focus on the installation and assess ease of the technology for home utility.