WGTE Nerd Sweepstakes
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Must be age 18 or over and a legal resident of the United States to enter.
- Only one (1) entry per person, household or email/residential address can be in the giveaway drawings.
- Only one (1) prize will be awarded to an entrant.
- Anyone who enters multiple times or otherwise violates these rules will be disqualified.
- WGTE staff members, directors, advisors, and their immediate family members cannot participate in the giveaway.
- No financial contribution is required to enter or win.
- A contribution will not increase one’s chance of winning.
- Compliance with the eligibility requirements will be determined solely by WGTE, whose decision is final and not subject to appeal or arbitration.
- Federal, State and local laws and regulations apply.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, March 4, 2019 and continuing until 3 p.m. (EDST) on Friday, March 8, 2019.
- Comment on social media must be made in order to qualify.
- An entry may be disqualified by WGTE at its sole discretion if it determines that the entry is not valid.
- All entries become the property of WGTE and will not be returned.
- By contributing or entering, donors/entrants agree to be bound by these rules and all matters relating to the giveaway.
- WGTE reserves the right to use the information provided by donors/entrants consistent with its policies for donor information unless prohibited by law.
- WGTE does not rent, sell, exchange, or otherwise share contributor names, donor names, or other personally identifiable information with any Federal, State, or local candidate, political party, or political committee. Additionally, WGTE, unless required by law, does not disclose personal information of contributors or donors to any nonaffiliated third party.
- WGTE is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, or mutilated entries, including problems due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or third parties), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
- Giveaway has three (3) prizes. One (1) will be given away on each social media platform: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- WGTE disclaims all warranties, guarantees or representations expressed or implied, concerning the condition, quality, or merchantability of the prizes.
- Warranty, repair or replacement of the prize due to malfunction, damage, etc. is the sole responsibility of the winner and is exclusively a matter between the winner and Amazon Technologies, Inc.
- Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be substituted, may not be sold, combined with any other offer, or redeemed for cash.
- WGTE reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value if the stated prize is unavailable.
- Odds of winning a prize is dependent on the number of entries received, the total of which cannot be predicted.
- Three (3) winners will be selected no later than three (3) business days after the closing time of the giveaway by a random drawing from among the eligible entries received.
NOTIFICATION – AWARDING of PRIZES
- WGTE will make a good faith effort to notify winners and award prizes.
- Winners will be notified by social media.
- Winner must claim the prize within ten (10) days after the date of the initial contact notification.
- If a winner elects to claim the prize in person at the offices of WGTE, which is located at 1270 South Detroit Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, proof of identity in the form of a picture identification card must be provided.
- If a prize is unable to be awarded, is declined, or otherwise is not claimed by a winner, WGTE at its sole discretion reserves the right to select by random drawing an alternate winner.
- To obtain a list of the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WGTE Public Media, 1270 South Detroit Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614.
- By participating in the giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and all matters relating to the prize.
- Payment of any and all appropriate and required federal, state and local taxes is the responsibility of the prize winners.
- By accepting the prize, the winners consent to the use of their name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- By participating in this giveaway and as a condition of winning a prize, winners agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless WGTE and its employees, directors, officers, employees, and related third parties, including Amazon Technologies, Inc. from and against any and all liability, claims, costs, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses of property which may be sustained in connection with participating in the giveaway, the receipt, ownership or use, misuse of any prize awarded, or any typographical or other error in these official rules or the announcement or offering of any prize.
- By participating in the giveaway, entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental, and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
- The giveaway is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.