Be My Neighbor Day
Join WGTE, PNC Grow Up Great and The Fred Rogers Company for a beautiful day in the neighborhood!
September 23, 2017
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Walbridge Park, 2761 Broadway St. Toledo, Ohio
Meet Daniel Tiger and Katerina Kittycat, be a caring neighbor by making crafts and cards for senior citizens and veterans, meet community helpers, create and bring home a first aid kit and more!
We are also requesting donations of diapers, baby wipes and unopened diaper cream to benefit the Getting to 1 Diaper Bank and area families in need.
Supported by PNC Grow Up Great in partnership with The Fred Rogers Company.
Parking is limited at Walbridge Park lots. Free street parking along Broadway is available. In addition, there is free overflow parking available at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church at 1825 Glendale Avenue and Park Church at 1456 Harvard Blvd, just a short walk away. There is also a paid parking available at the Toledo Zoo Broadway entrance.
Be My Neighbor Day Activities:
- Meet Daniel Tiger or Katerina Kittycat from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
- Make a card for a veteran with staff from the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Decorate a door hanger to give to a local senior citizen with volunteers from the Lucas County Head Start Collaborative, TPS
- Assemble a family first aid kit to take home
- Attend a puppet show by Joyce Davis and Puppets and create your own puppet too
- Meet neighborhood helpers from The Toledo Police Department and Toledo Fire and Rescue
- Have your face painted like Daniel Tiger and pick up your very own pair of Daniel Tiger ears (while supplies last)
- Play the Caring Neighbor Wheel Game with A Renewed Mind
- Donate new packages of diapers (sizes 1 through 5, no pull-ups), diaper wipes and unopened diaper cream to benefit area families in need (Note: Diaper donations are encouraged but not required)
- Participate in additional caring neighbor activities with PNC Grow Up Great and the Dental Center of Northwest Ohio.