Donating a generous gift of stock to WGTE can provide you a tax advantage!
Use a gift of stock to invest in WGTE for the first time, renew an existing membership, or make an additional gift. This special type of donation is easy to make and can often be done as a simple electronic (DTC) transfer through your broker.
How to donate stock to WGTE:
- Contact your broker and express your intention of transferring stock to WGTE.
- Provide your broker the below information to complete the transfer/donation:
- Firm: UBS Financial Services, Inc. 5757 Monroe St. Sylvania, OH 43560
- Broker: Tom Baither 419-318-5233
- Account: Public Broadcasting Foundation of Northwest Ohio (WGTE)
- Please notify WGTE of the expected gift. You may do so by contacting Lindsay Miller at or 419-380-4684. This will ensure that your gift is properly recorded and that you receive proper acknowledgement.
Benefits to You:
- Because stock is an un-used asset, you might be able to make a larger donation to WGTE than you would normally be able to do.
- By donating appreciated stock that you've owned for more than a year, you would become eligible to claim a tax deduction for what the stock is worth today as opposed to what you paid for it many years ago. This may help you reduce or avoid your capital gains obligations and allow you to invest your long-term gains back into the community rather than on your federal taxes!
Note: This type of gift deduction is available only to those that itemize their deductions. Tax law is different for securities held less than a year.
It's quick and easy! The speed in which a stock gift is processed makes it an attractive option for year-end giving.
Feel free to email Lindsay Eberly, Director of Development, at
or call 419-380-4684.