If you are 70 ½ or older, you can now and for years to come, make a tax-free gift directly to WGTE from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA). It's a smart way to enjoy tax savings and support the mission of public media.
Here's how it works:
- Who? You must be 70 ½ or older to make an IRA rollover gift to WGTE.
- What? You can give up to $100,000 from your Traditional or Roth IRA.
- How? Instruct your plan administrator to send a specific dollar amount directly to WGTE. Your administrator can send the gift by check or electronic transfer.
- When? Your gift must be completed by December 31st in order to receive the maximum benefits for this calendar year.
- Note: Please let us know your charitable intentions so we can ensure your gift is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
Benefits to You:
- RMD. Your donation will count toward your required minimum distribution for the calendar year.
- Tax Savings. You can exclude up to $100,000 of this gift from your federal gross income – resulting in lower taxable income and possible tax savings.
- Tip: This tax savings is especially valuable to donors who are non-itemizers and donors who have reached their limit on itemized charitable deductions.
- Result. You will have the personal satisfaction of doing more for our community than you originally thought possible!
An IRA Rollover Gift is a simple way to give and save. Contact your financial advisor today!
Need help getting started? Feel free to email Lindsay Eberly, Director of Development, at
or call 419-380-4684 with questions, to request a sample letter of instruction, or to confirm your gift.